Introduction and Rationale
We have devised this plan to reflect the changed circumstances brought about by Covid -19 and the significant increase in the use of technology to continue learning and teaching. This plan does not introduce any new concepts, rather it specifically outlines the various applications used for the delivery of online classes remotely should this become necessary as a result of public health advice.
Acceptable Usage Policy
This plan should be read in conjunction with the school’s Acceptable Usage Policy.
The School Day
All students will be expected to take part in their normal school day and follow their normal school timetable – beginning with period one at 08.50 and ending at 15.30, or 13.15 on Fridays.
A blended approach to e-learning will be take place and a variety of teaching methods may be used throughout the school day. Teachers will post material, tasks, assignments, videos or hold live classes on Teams at the times you would expect to have them each day according to your normal timetable.
Remote Learning Platforms & Online Accounts
Currently we use the Microsoft Teams (Office 365) platform in the school.
In general, your teachers will continue to use the platform you are used to.
If you have any issues with your school Office 365 accounts, contact your Moltóir for assistance:
Access to the internet/devices
If you are having difficulty with your internet access or with accessing a device for remote learning, please contact your Moltóir as soon as possible to let them know.
It may also be helpful to note that games consoles – such as Playstation 4/Xbox - can also be used to access Teams for remote learning using the built in web browser.
Children with Special Educational Needs
There are a range of supports available for parents of students with SEN. More information on the supports available from the NCSE is available here.
Looking after ourselves and each other in the weeks ahead is going to be very important, as it has been throughout the period of this crisis that we are living through.
The DES has created a central store of resources to support parents and students in looking after their Wellbeing during this difficult period and the school’s Pastoral Care team remains available to you.
If you feel you are in need of support – contact your Moltóir.
Collective Responsibilities while engaging in e-learning:
For Staff and Teachers:
- Teachers and SNA’s will follow their timetable and will be available to students during their scheduled classes.
- Teachers have overall control of the online interaction of their class and provide material for students to access using Microsoft Teams.
- Teachers and SNA’s will not communicate with students outside of the normal school hours.
- Students must communicate using their office 365 account only.
- Students should follow their daily timetable and engage fully with all lessons and activities.
- Students should not record or forward any content from within a Teams group such as notes,exam papers, work sheets without explicit permission from the teacher concerned.
- Students must be behave appropriately online, as they would in a classroom , and follow the instructions of the teacher.
- Students should have their microphone and camera turned off when joining a class and wait for instruction from their teacher.
- Students will not communicate with staff outside of the normal school hours.
- Please ensure your child is following their timetable schedule and logging in to their relevant Teams.
- Please encourage your child to complete all assignments and projects in a timely manner.
- Please encourage your child to attend their online classes away from distractions and in a quiet place where possible.
- Please communicate with us should your child experience any difficulties during the period of distance learning.
Please ensure you continue to follow the public health advice by staying at home so that this period of school closure can be as short as possible.