We hope you are all safe and well. We look forward to welcoming all of our students back to school. As we begin a new academic year, we encourage all students to engage fully and positively with school life, building positive relationships, developing new skills, seizing the opportunities that come their way.
Please note the following important information ahead of the resumption of school next week:
The School Day
The school day starts 08.40 and finishes at 15.30 (13.15 on Friday).
Please note the following reminders:
- The school building will open from 08.20 each morning. Students will not have access to the school building before this time.
- Each year group has been assigned a separate entrance to access the building each morning:
- First Year – Student Entrance near main gate.
- Second Year – Rear Entrance – New Building
- Third Year – Court Yard entrance – New Building
- TY- Entrance – Front door
- Fifth Year-Entrance – Front Door
- Sixth Year – Entrance – Front door
- All students are expected to be in their seat in their Caomhnóir room by 08.35 for morning assembly.
- We strongly encourage students to walk or cycle to and from school where possible and students are reminded to ensure they have a suitable lock for their bikes.
Code of Behaviour
Positivity is at the core of what we believe and our Code of Behaviour is a positive one.
The watchwords we live by are Mol an Óige agus Tiocfaidh sí, and the task of ensuring our school motto is reflected in school life falls to all members of the school community. In this light, we encourage all students to treat those around them as they would wish to be treated; with kindness, care and empathy, to take responsibility for helping to shape a positive experience for all in the school year ahead.
Our school uniform is a core element of our culture and identity and. Students are required to be in full school uniform, including only the permitted school jacket and shoes.
A reminder that the school uniform policy is available here.
A reminder that, where students choose to bring a mobile phone with them to school, it must remain switched off and out of sight at all times while on the school site.
A reminder that the Mobile Phone & Device Policy is available here.
Please note that parking on the school site is restricted to staff only.
Student Direct Contributions
If you have yet to pay the final installment of your student direct contribution for the coming year, we would ask that you do so as a matter of urgency using Way2Pay.
As you will be aware, the cost of your child’s Book Rental Scheme books is included in these charges and rental books cannot be issued to students where this fee has not been paid.
If you are experiencing financial challenges and unable to pay the fee, please contact the school in confidence to let us know urgently.
Green Schools & Sustainability
We were delighted to be awarded our renewed Green Flag in May, reflecting the enormous strides made by the entire school community in making the school a more sustainable environment, efforts we know will be continued moving into the new year.
Please note some of the following important reminders about sustainability in school:
- All single use plastics are prohibited in school. This includes such items as food containers, packets, wrappers, beverage containers, cups and bottles and light weight carrier bags.
- In line with practice in our sister schools Ratoath National School and St Paul’s National School, all students are required to bring a REUSABLE LUNCHBOX and REUSABLE WATER BOTTLE with them to school and students will be required to take home with them all non-recyclable waste they bring into school.
- All students were provided with a Ratoath College branded reusable water bottle last year and all new students will receive one at the beginning of the school year. Chilled and filtered water dispensers are available around the campus for student use at break and lunch times.
- General waste bins have been removed from all classrooms.
The initiative for these improvements in sustainability and the leadership of their rollout has come from our students themselves. It is to their credit that they are joining the growing international movement of young people standing up to protect and preserve the environment for the sake of future generations.
As a school community of students, parents and staff we have a collective responsibility to do all we can to ensure that the effects of climate change are minimised and we look forward to beginning to do more to achieve this objective from next September. We offer our sincere thanks for your understanding and cooperation with the measures outlined above.
Return to School Dates & Times
Dates and times for the return to school for all year groups are outlined below. Please note the slight change in time from that previously advised for 6th year students on Wednesday.
Sixth Year Students and Parents – click/tap below for details of your day on Wednesday and what you will require:
We are especially looking forward in particular to welcoming our new First Year students and their parent(s)/guardian(s) on Thursday afternoon. As is customary, we will welcome our new First Year students on the steps outside the school (weather permitting). For those who haven’t experienced this before, please note the following:
- We anticipate that First Year students and their parent(s)/guardian(s) will arrive from approximately 13.30.
- Please note, parking is extremely limited in the school, so we ask that parent(s)/ guardian(s) of new First Year students walk/cycle to the school where possible and utilise the Car Park on the Avenue.
- If the weather is nice, we will be able to spend some time outside taking photographs, including the traditional photo of all new students on the steps of the school.
- After this, our new First Year students and their parent(s)/guardian(s) will move to the Sports Hall where the students will be introduced to their new teachers and SNAs, their new Moltóir, Ms O’Toole, and the school Management. Students will then be assigned to their new Caomhnóir group.
- We expect that students will finish for the day on Thursday at approximately 15.30.
We look forward to welcoming you all to school over the next few days and to a successful and positive school year ahead.