We are delighted once again to be able to welcome prospective First Year students and their parents for Open Evening this Thursday, 6th October.
Due to the pandemic, we have been unable to host Open Evening since 2019. For that reason, we are taking this opportunity to remind you, our current parents, of the procedures for current students around Open Evening.
- In general, all current First, Second and Transition Year students will be here in the school for the evening. Third, Fifth and Sixth Year students are not expected to attend Open Evening.
- Students are either assigned to a subject department or will act as guides for our visitors on the night. The positivity, politeness and confidence of our students are always something that visiting parents tell us about on Open Evening and we look forward to another positive experience this year.
- Classes on Thursday will finish at the slightly earlier time of 14.40 to allow for students to spend some time preparing the rooms they are assigned to for the evening or to do some dry runs of their assigned guide routes.
- Students are then expected to be back in school for 18.00 and the evening concludes at approximately 20.30.
- If a student in First, Second or Fifth year is unable to attend Open Evening, we ask that they let their Caomhnóir know with a note in their Dialann as early as possible this week.
As ever, we greatly appreciate your support and cooperation in relation to Open Evening and if you have a child in 6th Class, we look forward to meeting you with them on Thursday.