We hope this letter finds you well.
We are writing to you today to tell you about our plans for issuing Junior Cycle Profiles of Achievement to the Third Year Class of 2023. (The JCPA replaced in the old Junior Certificate in 2018)
As you will be aware, the State Examinations Commission announced recently that the Junior Cycle results will be available on Wednesday 18th October.
We are very proud of the fine young people this group have grown into. The Third-Year class of 2023 have faced many difficult challenges over their secondary school life. However, they remained strong, positive, and supportive of one another. They have created many great memories, contributed positively to the life of the school and we are very proud of them. To mark the occasion, we would like to invite last year’s Third Years to breakfast in the school, before receiving their results.
We have put the following arrangements in place for the day of the results:
- There will be no timetabled classes for TY and Fifth Year students on Wednesday 18th October.
- Students who are to receive their results will instead arrive to school for 10.30.
- TY & Fifth Year students who are not receiving results (students who did TY last year or who are new to the school) should not attend school on that day.
- Students will be served a celebratory breakfast from 10.30- 11.15.
- Students will be presented with their Junior Cycle exams results in the gym from 11.30 and are then free to go home.
We know that this is a very important day for you, and we are delighted to be able to invite parents to the school from 11.30 to celebrate the occasion with your son/daughter.
Note that, parking in the school is limited so please walk/cycle to the school where possible or use the car park on the Avenue. Please enter the school building via the entrance at the Sports Hall.
In order to minimise disruption to learning for all other students, please be aware that it will not be possible for siblings in other year groups of students receiving results to join them in the Sports Hall for the ceremony.
Once again, we want to congratulate the Third-Year class of 2023 on all their achievements amidst such adversity and we look forward to celebrating their achievements with you on October 18th.
Le gach dea-ghuí,
5th Year Moltóir